CHECKING IN & SILENCE IN THE PRACTICE ROOM
- Please check-in at the front desk upon arrival to claim your reservation/sign-in to the class
- Practice silence in the room, tippy-toeing in the practice room as quietly as possible
- For health and safety reasons, students must remain in the practice room for the duration of the class (emergencies excepted of course)
At MYBW (and all Moksha Yoga studios to our knowledge), students who arrive to the studio after the teacher has started the class are not permitted. You are welcome to hang out and read, enjoy a cup of tea, play one of our instruments (ukulele, violin, acoustic guitar or djembe), though we do not permit anyone to enter after the teacher begins. Why?
- Health and safety: the series is sequenced purposely to begin with opening movements and breathwork to prepare the body for more challenging asanas to come later in the class. Missing these poses could potentially cause strain/injury to a muscle group
- Quality of service offered to all students
- Disruption (depending on how busy the class a late entrance could be very disruptive if anyone was expected to shift their mat/props to accommodate late students
- Reservations and class attendance: students reserve spots in advance and if unclaimed these spots are given to drop-in students at 10 minutes to class
- Respect and integrity: we vow to start and end class on time with respect to our students’ (often very busy) schedules
Please do not shoot the messenger if you arrive late for a class, workshop, series or event, and rest assured that you are not penalized for missing the class (no classes will be deducted from your pass, and if it’s a workshop/event the amount will be returned as Account Credit).
CELL-PHONE FREE SPACE
We are proudly cell-phone-free at Moksha Yoga Bloor West. Our studio is a place for people to disconnect from their busy lives and reconnect with peace and quiet. Please switch cell phones on Do Not Disturb or Vibrate upon arrival, and keep them stashed safely away in your coat or bag at all times. If you’d feel more comfortable keeping your cell phone with you, you may bring your mobile phone into the practice room though it must be turned off (absolutely no exceptions).
Our Zen Den (lounge) is intended for reading, chatting/connecting, playing music, drinking tea, sitting quietly, and/or petting Beau. The use of electronic devices is strictly prohibited in changerooms, and we ask all students to take phone calls in the stairwell.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in keeping our Zen Den/Studio cell-phone-zombie-free.
CHANGE ROOMS, TIMING & PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- Cell-Phone use (yes even texting/googling) is strictly prohibited in change rooms (cameras + naked humans + public changeroom is not a good mix)
- Scent-free (more and more of us are allergic to scents, please wait to apply perfumes, body mists and fragrant hair products until after you depart from the studio)
- Leave bags/ personal belonging at home or in change rooms (a wallet is okay to bring in to the practice room, or a turned-off cell phone, We ask that all backpacks, purchases, yoga bags etc. be left in the changerooms. Note: we do not provide lockers and ask that valuables be left at home. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please take short showers, mindful of water consumption and each others time
- Note that the studio is open 30 minutes before and after every class; we cannot guarantee that a teacher will be able to stay any later than 30 minutes (keep in mind for those who need to dry their hair etc.).
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes early before your first class to fill out your waiver, get a tour of the studio, lay down and acclimatize to the heat before class starts
- If you’ve reserved a spot in a class, you must claim it at least 10 minutes before class starts as we release all unclaimed reservations 10 minutes before class starts to drop-in students.