WHY PARTICIPATE IN A 30-DAY CHALLENGE?
Participants in the 30-Day Challenge receive the support and motivation of community, driven by a common goal. A regular yoga practice has many benefits – physical, physiological, mental, and emotional. Committing to a daily practice allows the benefits to integrate on a deeper level, noticeable to you and those around you. Scroll down for information on:
- What are the benefits of a regular yoga practice?
- Is it healthy to practice yoga every day?
- How do I best prepare for the challenge?
- Suggestions for success
- Investment & Sign-Up
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A REGULAR YOGA PRACTICE?
A yoga practice involves stretching, strengthening, and elongating the spine for proper alignment of the vertebrae. Breathing techniques and relaxation are scientifically proven to lower blood pressure and increase cardiovascular health. In addition, they increase lung capacity, release tension and stress, and teach us to relax and enjoy life.
• Elevates in strength and resiliency
• Increases lung capacity and lowers blood pressure
• Promotes deeper sleep and heightens energy
• Strengthened immunity and cardiovascular health
• Fosters a deep-rooted sense of trust
• Impacts self-awareness
• Promotes emotional vulnerability and gratitude
• Enhanced mood, passion, and vitality
• Amplified self-acceptance and self-worth
• Focused concentration
IS IT HEALTHY TO PRACTICE HOT YOGA EVERY DAY?
Traditionally, yoga was meant intended to become a part of the day-to-day routine. When beginning a daily practice, there are some key things to remember:
- Listen to your body and respect its messages, when we increase body awareness our ability to listen becomes better tuned
- Pace yourself
- Ask teachers about adjustments for specific needs (injuries, using props, etc)
- Take savasana before and after class for minimum of 5 minutes
- Practice Moksha, Flow, Yin, and Stretch & Surrender to build resilience and maintain balance, variety, and curiosity within your practice
- Days you aren’t able to take a class at studio, supplement with home practice, seated meditation or walking meditation (talk to any teacher for more details)
- Stay well hydrated by adding sea salt + raw sugar to your water, drinking coconut water before/after or adding electrolytes to water while practicing (too much straight water can weaken mineral absorption)
HOW DO I BEST PREPARE FOR THE CHALLENGE?
- It is best to set an intention for your challenge: why are you challenging yourself and what do you hope will come out of it?
- Identify the classes that best fit into your schedule and sign up in advance (the Moksha App has options for reminders!)
- Pre-plan your strategy by identifying possible scheduling obstacles, and pre-plan your strategy for overcoming them
- Plan your meals in advance
- Buy some electrolytes or coconut waters and other wholesome snacks to keep your body well fuelled
- Make a bedtime and stick to it!
- Buy dry-shampoo if your locks are long
- Ask for support from friends, family, and colleagues
- Sign-up with a buddy, it can be a wonderfully bonding and fun experience
SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESS
Prioritize your life. If a 30-day yoga challenge is something you want to commit to, then make it a priority. Use these 30 days to simplify and streamline your life. Examine your current daily routine and activities and determine what really needs to stay and what needs to go. That could mean less Netflix/Internet. Watch this Ted Talk on How To Gain Control of Your Free Time. Depending on how high the yoga challenge ranks in your priorities, you may also decide to temporarily give up other worthwhile activities to create the necessary space.
TESTIMONIAL FROM ANOTHER CHALLENGER
“30 days of perfect practice makes practice perfect! When you begin you are not certain if you can stand and then you discover that you not only have a physical strength you become graceful and you develop a peace of mind. As a couple, David and I grew closer to our inner spirit & connected on new levels. What I really love about the 30-Day Challenge is after our class we sit we have tea and we speak with the other wonderful people in the class we share ideas we learn about one another and we really have a sense of community. Meg, Don and the instructors sit with us, talk with us, we get to know everyone for who they are as a person, not just the instructor and the student. This studio is my home plate… “
– Kathryn “Rara” Asaro Mayers
“How My 30 Day Yoga Challenge Helped Me Benefit From Yoga” A thirty-day yoga challenge brought results she had failed to experience from her inconsistent on-again-off-again practice in the past. Read more…
INVESTMENT & SIGN UP
Monthly Members, Annual Passholders, please sign up in person, call the studio or send us an email as your registration is included in your fee.
The 30 Day Challenge Unlimited Pass: $120 includes 30 days of unlimited yoga. Added Incentive/Bonus –> take 25/30 classes and be eligible to sign up for Monthly Membership for $100/month (save $15/month)
*Please check-in with Reception so we can add your name to the sticker board*