New Student Waiver, the $60 Intro Month & the First Timer’s Guide to MYBW
THE GETTING STARTED SEQUENCE:
- If you’re brand new to MYBW (original or current location) please fill out the New Student Registration & Waiver ...
- If you have practiced at our original location you’re already in our system and need not fill this out again. Instead, from the login screen click “Forgot Password” OR call 416 766 9642 OR email us and we will update and activate your online access
- Purchase our $60 First Month Unlimited (available 1x for new students) or any other pricing option we offer from on our Price Menu
- Scroll down to learn about Studio Etiquette, what to bring, what to wear, when to eat, what classes to start with, where to park, etc.
- Reserve your classes (this is optional, you may also drop-in to class)
- Meet your Teachers & Beau – our beloved studio/therapy dog
- Browse Class Types
- Check out Upcoming Events
- Connect with us socially on Facebook & Instagram
IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME AT MOKSHA YOGA BLOOR WEST? ENJOY 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF UNLIMITED YOGA!
We recommend that all new students take advantage of our $60 Intro Month. This $100 discounted 30 consecutive day pass allows you to try all types of classes (hot, warm + room-temperature), meet our teachers, and ensure our studio vibe not only fits schedule but enhances your day to day and well-being before making a more significant investment.
How the Intro Pass works:
- Your pass begins on the day of your first class (so you can purchase in advance and pre-book)
- Unlimited classes for 30 consecutive days
- Allows time for your body to acclimate to the heat and humidity
- Familiarize yourself with the Moksha and Moksha Flow sequences
- Try out our reduced heat classes like Yin (live piano, live harp, Reiki, mindful pilates)
- Bring guests for free! (friends must be brand new to MYBW)
- Intro students receive a $10 discount on The Monthly Membership Auto-Renew (always) and 10% off any Classes pass (5, 10, 50 or One Month Unlimited)
The Fine Print
- This is an introductory offer, each student is entitled to use it once
- This pass may not be transferred, shared, put on hold or refunded
- All students must be 16 years to take class on the regular schedule
- Begin with a classic Moksha class, once the poses become familiar then branch out to a Yin, a Flow, or a Yang Yin
- If you like practicing with live music we offer live piano, classical guitar, oboe and harp on the regular schedule, no additional costs, all class passes accepted
- Keep an eye out for Pop-up Fundraisers, Workshops and complimentary community events like our Tea Talks in the Zen Den
If you have any questions about what to expect for your first time at MYBW, please give us a call at 416-766-9642 or email our YNew Student Advisor Alison Grundy.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE AT A GLANCE
- Please turn your cell phone off, switch to vibrate or to Do Not Disturb upon entering
- There are absolutely no cell phones or mobile devices permitted in the practice studio for any reason
- Please sign-in at the front desk upon arrival
- Respect the silence in the room
- Go be scent-free (okay, deodorant is allowed)
- Leave bags/ personal belonging in at home or in change rooms (a wallet or very small bag is okay to bring in to the practice room, nothing clunky)
- For health and safety reasons, students must remain in the practice room for the duration of class, emergencies excepted of course
- Please tippy toe in the practice room quietly. For many of us savasana is the only quiet time we have in our lives, plus when we walk it sounds like stomping to those whose heads are still on the floor
- Ensure early arrival >>>Latecomers are not admitted to class (do not shoot the messenger, you’ve been warned!)
GO AT YOUR OWN PACE, WE HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS
The best way to make progress in yoga is to start where you are. It’s ok to modify postures for your comfort level and to avoid pain, and to take frequent breaks to rest or take small sips of water. Our goal is that you enjoy a safe and sweaty hot yoga experience, and you can ensure this happens by listening to your body.
FUELLING BEFORE & AFTER
It’s important with hot yoga to come to class on a fairly empty stomach, avoid caffeine before class, and arrive well hydrated. Try not to eat heavy meals 2 – 3 hours before practicing. In addition to drinking straight water, we recommend coconut water, rooibos tea or electrolyte supplements or as they’re packed full of electrolytes and will replenish lost minerals due to sweating. Need a bit of energy before class? Try eating half a small banana or a couple of dates 30 minutes prior, or try one of our (organic, gluten free, locally made) energy balls available at the front desk.
We are proudly cell-phone-free at Moksha Yoga Bloor West. Our studio is a place for people to disconnect from their busy lives and reconnect with peace and quiet. Please switch cell phones on Do Not Disturb or Vibrate upon arrival, and stashed away in change rooms at all times. Our zen den (lounge) is for reading, chatting, playing music, drinking tea, sitting quietly, and petting Beau.
If you’d feel more comfortable keeping your cell phone with you, you may bring your mobile phone into the practice room though it must be turned off (absolutely no exceptions).
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
- We recommend arriving at least 15-20 minutes early before your first class to fill out your waiver, get a tour of the studio, lay down
- If you’ve reserved a spot in a class, you must claim it at least 6 minutes before class starts. We release all unclaimed reservations 5 minutes before class starts to drop-in students.
All students must be 16 years old to practice at MYBW (with guardian permission) on the regular schedule. Individuals under 16 years old may take a class for special events (like on Family Day) which will be clearly labeled “All-Ages”, or you can consider gathering a group and booking a Private Group Class.
MAKING A PURCHASE
We accept cash, VISA, MASTERCARD, and CASH. We do not accept Interac or Visa-Debit as a form of payment. There is an ATM at the ESSO next door, and a TD bank at the corner of Jane & Bloor if you need to stop for cash.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A REGULAR YOGA PRACTICE?
A yoga practice involves stretching, strengthening, and elongating the spine for proper alignment of the vertebrae. Breathing techniques and relaxation lower blood pressure and increase cardiovascular health. In addition, they increase lung capacity, release tension and stress, and teach us to relax and enjoy life.
• Elevates in strength and resiliency
• Heightens energy
• Promotes deeper sleep
• Strengthened immunity
• Fosters a deep-rooted sense of trust
• Impacts self-awareness
• Promotes emotional vulnerability and gratitude
• Enhances mood, passion and vitality
• Amplifies self-acceptance/ self-Love/ self-transformation/ self-actualization
• Focuses concentration
BUT IS IT HEALTHY TO PRACTICE YOGA EVERY DAY?
Traditionally, yoga was meant intended to become a part of the day-to-day routine. When beginning a daily practice, there are some key things to remember:
- Listen to your body and respect its messages. When we increase body awareness our ability to listen becomes better tuned
- Pace yourself
- Ask teachers about adjustments for specific needs (injuries, using props, etc)
- Take savasana before and after class for minimum of 5 minutes
- Practice Moksha, Flow, Yin, Mindful Pilates and Stretch & Surrender to build resilience and maintain balance, variety and curiosity within your practice
- Days you aren’t able to take a class at studio, supplement with home practice, seated meditation or walking meditation (talk to any teacher for more details)
- Stay well hydrated by adding sea salt + raw sugar to your water, drinking coconut water before/after or adding electrolytes to water while practicing (too much straight water can weaken mineral absorption)
IF I LOVE IT, WHAT’S NEXT?
FIRST MONTH INTRO STUDENTS RECEIVE $10 OFF THE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP OR 10% OFF ALL OTHER PASSES
If you come to class 2x a week or more, our Monthly Membership contract is the best deal for you, and extra sweet when purchased during your Intro Month with an extra $10 off. If you practice 1x a week or less, buy a 5, 10 or 50 Classes bundle. These classes never expire and you receive 10% off class bundles during your Intro.