Your First Time?
SEE AND FEEL HOW MAKING TIME TO PRACTICE YOGA REGULARLY DECREASES STRESS AND ENHANCES YOUR LIFE PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY.
- Sign the New Student Registration & Waiver only if you’ve never practiced at MYBW before... If you have practiced at our original location you are already in the system! Click “Forgot Password”
- Purchase the $60 First Month Unlimited (available one time only for new students) Or any other pricing option on our Price Menu
- Sign Up for some classes
- Scroll down to learn what to bring, what to wear, where to park, about studio etiquette etc.
- Download the App – iPhone / Android for easy reservations, cancellations and purchases (compatible with your calendar)
- Meet your Teachers & Beau – our beloved studio dog
- Browse Class Types
- Meet the MYBW community >>> Check out our Upcoming Events
- Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram for contests, announcements and integrating with us socially
- Begin with a classic Moksha class, once the poses become familiar then branch out to a Yin, a Flow, or a Yang Yin
- If you like practicing with live music we offer live piano, classical guitar, oboe and harp on the regular schedule, no additional costs, all class passes accepted
- Keep an eye out for Pop-up Fundraisers, Workshops and complimentary community events like our Tea Talks in the Zen Den
If you have any questions about what to expect for your first time at MYBW, please give us a call at 416-766-9642 or email our Yoga Advisor Alison Grundy.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE AT A GLANCE
- Please turn your cell phone off, switch to vibrate or to Do Not Disturb upon entering; there are absolutely no cell phones or mobile devices permitted in the practice studio for any reason
- Please always sign-in at the front desk upon arrival
- Please respect the silence in the room
- Please be scent-free
- Please leave bags and personal belonging in at home if you can, or in change rooms (if you must, a wallet is okay to bring in to the practice room)
- Please remain in the practice room for the duration of class, including ‘savasana’ (final relaxation) for health & safety reasons
- Please leave the practice room quietly. For many of us savasana is the only quiet time we have in our lives and its sacred
- Ensure early arrival >>>Latecomers will not be admitted to class
GO AT YOUR OWN PACE, WE HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS
The best way to make progress in yoga is to start where you are. Try your best without having expectations. It’s ok to modify postures for your comfort level and to take frequent breaks. Your body is different every day, and from everyone on the room. Our goal is that you enjoy a safe and sweaty hot yoga experience, and you can help ensure this happens by listening to your body.
FUELLING BEFORE & AFTER
It’s important with hot yoga to come to class on a fairly empty stomach, avoid caffeine before class, and arrive well hydrated. Try not to eat heavy meals 2 – 3 hours before practicing. In addition to drinking straight water, we recommend coconut water, rooibos tea or electrolyte supplements or as they’re packed full of electrolytes and will replenish lost minerals due to sweating. Need a bit of energy before class? Try eating half a small banana or a couple of dates 30 minutes prior, or try one of our (organic, gluten free, locally made) energy balls available at the front desk.
We are proudly cell phone free at Moksha Yoga Bloor West. Our studio is a place for people to disconnect from their busy lives and reconnect with peace and quiet. Please switch cell phones on Do Not Disturb or turned off upon arrival, and stashed away in change rooms at all times. If you’d feel more comfortable keeping your cell phone with you, you may bring your mobile phone into the practice room though it must be turned off (absolutely no exceptions). We know it may sound scary, but think of it as freedom.
THE NO LATE-COMERS POLICY
Please note that late students are not be permitted to class if arriving after the start time… Even if you’re Justin Trudeau… and also know that we absolutely hate to turn you away (please don’t shoot the messenger!)
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
- We recommend arriving at least 15-20 minutes early before your first class
- We recommend arriving 10 minutes early on a regular basis (it doesn’t feel good to rush to yoga)
- We release unclaimed reservations 5 minutes before class starts
All students must be be 16 years old to practice at MYBW (with guardian permission) on the regular schedule. Individuals under 16 years old may take class for special events, which will be clearly labeled “All-Ages”, such as on Family Day or tailer your own Private or Group Class.
MAKING A PURCHASE
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Debit. We do not accept Interacas a form of payment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A REGULAR YOGA PRACTICE?
A yoga practice involves stretching, strengthening, and elongating the spine for proper alignment of the vertebrae. Breathing techniques and relaxation lower blood pressure and increase cardio-vascular health. In addition, they increase lung capacity, release tension and stress, and teach us to relax and enjoy life.
• Elevates in strength and resiliency
• Heightens energy
• Promotes deeper sleep
• Strengthened immunity
• Fosters a deep-rooted sense of trust
• Impacts self-awareness
• Promotes emotional vulnerability and gratitude
• Enhances mood, passion and vitality
• Amplifies self-acceptance/ self-Love/ self-transformation/ self-actualization
• Focuses concentration
BUT IS IT HEALTHY TO PRACTICE YOGA EVERYDAY?
Traditionally, yoga was meant intended to become a part of the day-to-day routine. When beginning a daily practice, there are some key things to remember:
- Listen to your body and respect its messages. When we increase body awareness our ability to listen becomes better tuned
- Pace yourself
- Ask teachers about adjustments for specific needs (injuries, using props, etc)
- Take savasana before and after class for minimum of 5 minutes
- Practice Moksha, Flow, Yin and Stretch & Surrender to build resilience and maintain balance, variety and curiosity within your practice
- Days you aren’t able to tale a class at studio, supplement with home practice, seated meditation or walking meditation (talk to any teacher for more details)
- Stay well hydrated by adding sea salt + raw sugar to your water, drinking coconut water before/after or adding electrolytes to water while practicing (too much straight water can weaken mineral absorption)
IF I LOVE IT, WHAT’S NEXT?
FIRST MONTH INTRO STUDENTS RECEIVE $10 OFF THE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP OR 10% OFF ALL OTHER PASSES
If you come to class 2x a week or more, our Monthly Membership contract is the best deal for you, and extra sweet when purchased during your Intro Month with an extra $10 off. If you practice 1x a week or less, buy a 5, 10 or 50 Classes bundle. These classes never expire and you receive 10% off class bundles during your Intro.